• Where is the lost and found for the buses?
If the driver can identify which school the item was misplaced from it will be returned to the school. If there is no indication of which school and after being on the bus several days the Transportation Department will make a reasonable effort to return items left on school buses to their rightful owners.
• If I have a complaint who do I talk to?
You may respond via the Transportation Contact page. You may also call the Dispatch Office at 328-2570 and you will be put through to the appropriate person.
• Can my student take his/her skateboard, scooter, or rollerblades on the bus?
No, these items pose a safety hazard. If your student needs any of these items they must find alternate transportation. This includes if the item is for a class project or fieldtrip.
• My student is doing a project on their pet, is he/she allowed to bring the pet on the bus?
No, due to allergy issues and the safety of the other children we cannot allow any animals on board.
• What do I do if my student didn't get off at their stop?
Contact the Dispatch Office at 328-2570 and they will speak with the appropriate person to investigate the situation.
• Why wouldn't the driver let my student off at a stop other than his own?
For safety reasons students are only allowed to exit the bus at their own stop. If a student needs to get off at a different stop on their route, they need to have a note from their parent or guardian stating the reason why and it must be signed by the parent or guardian and the school office, and dated, to ensure the student has permission. We can not allow students to ride a different route other than their assigned route.
• Our student no longer has transportation.Can we pay for our own bus?
Unfortunately, no. The District does not have the means to add a system to track payment from students nor the resources to do any type of extra services like this. Also, it would create inequities for those students that can’t afford to pay for transportation.
• How do I find information to teach my student how to safely walk to school?
www.saferoutesinfo.org and www.walkingschoolbus.org are great websites with parent and school instructions for teaching students safe ways to walk to school.