Eagle County Schools is a progressive and dynamic employer! Our schools are on the cutting edge of education and we offer employees the chance to work and learn in an environment where their efforts make a difference and change lives. Together, we are "Achieving Excellence" through creating an organization that challenges expectations, creates solutions, and competes globally.
We offer a competitive package of salary and benefits (including health insurance and Colorado PERA retirement) for qualifying employees as well as the chance to work in a positive and supportive organization. Come see why we are the "employer of choice" and join our team!
In order to consider you for employment, we ask that you provide the following documentation for your applicant file in this office:
3 Current Letters of Recommendation
Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts. Unofficial copies are sufficient for applicants; however, official copies must be promptly submitted upon employment
Copy of Colorado Teaching Certificate or License, or a statement of the status of application to the Colorado Department of Education
- Review Administrative Policies
Upon completing your application, it will be kept in our applicant database until December 31st of the current year. Our principals will have the opportunity to reference your materials directly in the applicant database. Should there be a specific position for which you would like to be considered, please re-enter your online application and indicate your interest in the employment preference(s) section. Each school’s principal is responsible for interviews and selections in his or her building and we strongly suggest you contact them directly to indicate your interest in their vacancies. For more information regarding posted vacancies, please click here for vacancies.
For Colorado Licensure information, please contact the Colorado Department of Education at (303) 866-6600 or check their website at cde.state.co.us.
Applicant files submitted from January 1 to August 1 will be purged after December 31 each year.
The Hiring Process at Eagle County Schools operates as follows:
- Principal/Supervisor requests an open position be posted.
- HR posts the position on the application website, usually within 24 hours.
- Applicants apply while the position is open.
- Principals/Supervisors make selections on who they would like to interview.
- Interviews are conducted and a selection is made.
- Principals/ Supervisors recommend to HR that the district employ the finalist candidate.
- HR calculates a salary offer, determines qualified status, checks licensure status and contacts the candidate with an offer, usually within 24 hours of notification from the Principal/Supervisor.
- Upon acceptance from the finalist candidate, HR places that person's name and position on the next board personnel list for approval. Note that being placed on the personnel list is contingent on having an approved or pending valid Colorado license in some cases!
- The Board takes action to employ. Only the Board has the authority to hire employees.
- You're hired! Contact HR to schedule orientation and answer any questions!