Good health is essential to optimal learning.
Health Services are available to all students within the Eagle County School District. Registered Nurses and Health Assistants strive to ensure each student's potential is maximized by removing any health-related barriers to learning.
All of our schools in the district are staffed with health assistants, who work in conjunction with a registered nurse. The health assistant is trained by the school nurse and is on campus each day to be available to students and staff. The registered nurse is on campus when needed and available by phone and email.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the school nurse and the health assistants:
- Provision of acute, chronic, episodic and emergency health care
- Assess students' health to identify and address health-related obstacles to learning
- Maintain clinical preparedness for potential crises
- Develop and implement Individualized Health Plans and 504 Plans to reduce the impact of chronic and episodic health conditions upon academic achievement
- Administer medications, both prescriptive and emergency medications; which includes documentation and monitoring
- Train additional personnel to administer medications safely
- Screen students’ vision and hearing
- Provide medical care that allows students with medical conditions to attend school (i.e. trachea care, catheterization, G-tube feedings and wound care)
- Prevent contagious illness and injuries through surveillance and implementation of appropriate precautionary measures
- Maintain state-mandated immunization records and other health assessment data
- Assist families to locate health resources in their community
- Educate individuals and groups about health issues in order to increase their health literacy
Parents and guardians can obtain frequently requested documents from their school health office or from the "Health Office Forms" button, located at the bottom of this page >>>>>
- ECSD Medication Policy Letter for Parents 2019-2020
- ECSD Medication Policy Letter for Parents 2019-2020 SPANISH
- ECSD Medication Authorization Form (English & Spanish)
- ECSD Self-Carry Contract (English & Spanish)
- How Sick is Too Sick Illness Policy 9.2020 - English
- How Sick is Too Sick Illness Policy 10.2020 - Spanish